The Staff Accountant position reports to the Controller and is responsible for various functions of the Accounting Department. This position will be mainly responsible for the accounts receivable portion of the Accounting Department. This position will also support the CFO.
A candidate with a four-year accounting degree is preferred. A strong individual with a combination of a two-year technical degree and accounting experience may be considered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and sends out annual, quarterly and monthly invoices on a monthly basis.
- Manages billing setup, information and invoicing for all new sales.
- Responsible for maintaining all sales information once invoicing has been completed, this includes yearly sales comparison, sales by sales person, and commissions.
- Assist sales staff with service renewals and new sales.
- Manages the accounts receivable process and is responsible for collection of past due receivables.
- Collects all cash receipt and responsible for inputting and tracking cash deposit.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- One to three years of accounting experience required, working knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains is a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and effectively communicate with multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to organize financial information in a meaningful manner and prepare reports suitable for management review.
- Efficient work flow processing with attention to detail.